Sunday, October 10, 2010

They are feeling the heat...or lack of it!  I just got off the phone with a  seller and boy are they anxious. She's only had her house on th
They are feeling the heat...or lack of it! I just got off the phone with a
seller and boy are they anxious. She's only had her house on the market for
184 days (sarcastic) but the last agent did nothing but put her home on the
MLS and have her company print a flyer. What a shame! The more I think about
it I understand why she's feeling the heat, she needs to sell her home and
winter is coming quickly. Does it make it easier for me when we have lazy
and/or incompetent agents not doing anything for their listings? YES, those
agents are my competition. At the same time I feel it is an embarassment to
my profession. I have a Master of Science degree in Marketing. I spend a
couple thousand dollars a month just on my marketing efforts for my
listings. I spend a couple thousand dollars a year for real estate
continuing education in CT. I hope those other agents, especially in CT step
up to the plate or leave the business. Why continue to make us (licensed
real estate agents) look like we don't put in the extra efforts? In today's
world there are many complexities when selling a home...marketing,
negotiating, escrow, inspections, appraisal. If you are taking on the
responsibility of selling an asset that is usually your client's largest
then do what you promised them. Tell them the truth about what it can sell
for in today's market, take pictures, take a video, target market it!
Otherwise step aside and let a full-time, dedicated professional handle it
and keep your day job. Visit http://ping.fm/ItWRF to learn more
about our services. We are also offering the Real Estate Principles &
Practices course for those who would like to get their real estate license
in CT. Visit http://ping.fm/sCEPe

No comments: